With ginger, lemon and honey, this balanced tea is ideal for any time of day or occasion. The aromatic drink from our Test Kitchen smells as wonderful as it tastes.
- 2 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 4 individual green tea bags
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 4 cardamom pods, crushed
- 4 cups boiling water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Add boiling water. Cover and steep for 5-6 minutes. Strain, discarding tea bags and spices. Stir honey into tea. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Hot Spiced Green Tea in Light & Tasty February/March 2008, p51
Reviews for Hot Spiced Green Tea
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 18, 2012
"Even the non-tea-drinkers in my family loved this warm, delicious beverage"
Reviewed Dec. 28, 2011
"A great way to drink green tea! I made it for a friend recently and she thought it was yummy!"