With ginger, lemon and honey, this balanced tea is ideal for any time of day or occasion. The aromatic drink from our Test Kitchen smells as wonderful as it tastes.
Recommended: 77 Foods to Eat When You Have a Cold
- 2 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 4 individual green tea bags
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 4 cardamom pods, crushed
- 4 cups boiling water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Add boiling water. Cover and steep for 5-6 minutes. Strain, discarding tea bags and spices. Stir honey into tea. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Hot Spiced Green Tea in Light & Tasty February/March 2008 , p51
Reviews for Hot Spiced Green Tea
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 18, 2012
"Even the non-tea-drinkers in my family loved this warm, delicious beverage"
Reviewed Dec. 28, 2011
"A great way to drink green tea! I made it for a friend recently and she thought it was yummy!"