Hot Fudge Cake Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons baking cocoa, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-3/4 cups hot water
- Ice cream or whipped cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, whisk flour, sugar, 2 tablespoons cocoa, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk milk, oil and vanilla until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened.
- Transfer to an ungreased 9-in.-square baking pan. In a small bowl, mix brown sugar and remaining cocoa; sprinkle over batter. Pour hot water over all; do not stir.
- Bake 35-40 minutes. Serve warm. If desired, top with ice cream. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Hot Fudge Cake
Sort By :
This is a yummy, decadent dessert. Is great to serve to company after a wonderful meal.
Everyone practically licked their bowls after this dessert. I did not have a 9x9 so I used an 8x11. I have never used this technique before and I was curious about how it would come out. i topped it off with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. DELICIOUS!
One word comes to mind..Delicious!!! Everyone loved it
..will definitely be making this again!!
It tasted great! As mentioned in a previous comment, just watch how full you fill the pan. The cake rises more than you would expect and the fudge can overflow onto the bottom of the oven. Still tasted amazing though, the whole family loved it!
Yummy! Not at all what I expected......thought the liquid fudge would be on top, but it was underneath and somehow the cake moved to the top! It is sooooooo good with vanilla ice cream. Will definitely make this again!