- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons baking cocoa, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-3/4 cups hot water
- Ice cream or whipped cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, whisk flour, sugar, 2 tablespoons cocoa, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk milk, oil and vanilla until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened.
- Transfer to an ungreased 9-in.-square baking pan. In a small bowl, mix brown sugar and remaining cocoa; sprinkle over batter. Pour hot water over all; do not stir.
- Bake 35-40 minutes. Serve warm. If desired, top with ice cream. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Hot Fudge Cake
Sort By :
"I have made this many times since 1994, and it is always a hit! I prefer it topped with Cool Whip or Half & Half. This gives me my chocolate fix!"
"I made this recipe for the first time! I used 1/2 tsp. salt! I used 1/2 cup evaporated milk which I soured with 1 Tbsp. cider vinegar. I sifted the flour, sugar, 2 Tbsp. baking cocoa, the baking powder and 1/2 tsp. salt together! I combined the brown sugar with remaining cocoa & kept the oil, vanilla and hot water the same amounts. I purposely greased and floured the baking pan for easier removal of cake. This recipe is JUST WONDERFUL! It is so easy to assemble! I baked 40 minutes at 350o F. and the cake tested done!Thank you, Vera Reid, for this recipe! It's a KEEPER for me! delowenstein"
"This is a perfect self saucing cake. So easy to make, and a hit with everyone. Great even without ice cream! Eating it cold as leftovers reminds me of cake with pudding drizzled on top. 5 star!"
"This recipe is fast, easy, and yummy. With items you always have in pantry. My go to with unexpected company."
"This is a yummy, decadent dessert. Is great to serve to company after a wonderful meal."