- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons baking cocoa, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-3/4 cups hot water
- Ice cream or whipped cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, whisk flour, sugar, 2 tablespoons cocoa, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk milk, oil and vanilla until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened.
- Transfer to an ungreased 9-in.-square baking pan. In a small bowl, mix brown sugar and remaining cocoa; sprinkle over batter. Pour hot water over all; do not stir.
- Bake 35-40 minutes. Serve warm. If desired, top with ice cream. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Hot Fudge Cake
Sort By :
"This is a perfect self saucing cake. So easy to make, and a hit with everyone. Great even without ice cream! Eating it cold as leftovers reminds me of cake with pudding drizzled on top. 5 star!"
"This recipe is fast, easy, and yummy. With items you always have in pantry. My go to with unexpected company."
"This is a yummy, decadent dessert. Is great to serve to company after a wonderful meal."
"Everyone practically licked their bowls after this dessert. I did not have a 9x9 so I used an 8x11. I have never used this technique before and I was curious about how it would come out. i topped it off with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. DELICIOUS!"
"One word comes to mind..Delicious!!! Everyone loved it..will definitely be making this again!!"