Mom passed this recipe on to me— much to my husband's delight! We like to take the flavorful nuts to all sorts of gatherings, from fancy holiday affairs to casual luncheons.
- 1 egg white
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 3 cups whole unblanched almonds, toasted and cooled
- In a bowl, whisk egg white until foamy. Add garlic powder, celery salt, salt and liquid smoke; stir until blended. Add almonds and stir until well coated. Evenly spread almonds in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 300° for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. Cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3 cups.
Originally published as Homemade Smoked Almonds in Country Woman Christmas Annual 1999, p21
Reviews for Homemade Smoked Almonds
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 24, 2011
"It's really yummy. I think I would add a bit more salt next time."
Reviewed May. 10, 2010
"I've been making these since I first found the recipe in a Betty Rosbottom cookbook. They're the only reason I keep a bottle of liquid smoke in the pantry!"