- CREPE NOODLES:
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 pounds Galbani® Ricotta Cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 jar (26 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- Shredded Romano cheese, optional
- Place flour in a bowl; whisk in milk, eggs and salt until smooth. Heat a lightly greased 8-in. skillet; pour about 2 tablespoons batter into center of skillet. Spread into a 5-in. circle. Cook over medium heat until set; do not brown or turn. Repeat with remaining batter, making 18 crepes. Stack crepes with waxed paper in between; set aside.
- For filling, combine cheeses, egg and parsley. Spoon 3-4 tablespoons down the center of each crepe; roll up. Pour half of the spaghetti sauce into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Place crepes, seam side down, over sauce; pour remaining sauce over top.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake 20 minutes longer or until heated through. Sprinkle with Romano cheese if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Homemade Manicotti
Sort By :
"Very good! The kids and I loved it. My only complaint was that the batter for the 'noodles' was kind of thick and I had difficulty getting it to make thin noodles. Maybe I measured something incorrectly. Update: made it again last night and had no trouble with the noodles at all! The little ones loved it, my picky 3 year old even licked his plate!"
"I was worried that making the crepes would be a pain, but they cooked so fast that it was no problem. Much less of a pain than having to roll out pasta dough! The batter did seem a little thick because I expected it to be more like making crepes, I was tempted to thin it but I didn't and they turned out perfectly. I added bacon, sauteed mushrooms, and lemon thyme to my ricotta mixture. Delicious!!"
"This recipe is so reminiscent of my great Aunt's manicotti.. watching her & my mom standing over a griddle making the noodle crepes .I had not made them in years but enjoyed teaching my daughter how to do so..not only a great recipe but a wonderful walk down memory lane for me!"
"These were very good and easy to make."
"I made this and didn't change a thing. Fantastic Mannicott's. I will never buy the store bought noodles. Do make your own sauce and make the crepes a day before. It is time consuming to make all of this in one day. Delishio. -:)"