- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 cups flaked coconut, divided
- 48 milk chocolate kisses
- Coarse sugar
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk and extract. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in 3 cups coconut. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until dough is easy to handle.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Shape into 1-in. balls and roll in the remaining coconut. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Immediately press a chocolate kiss into the center of each cookie; sprinkle with coarse sugar. Cool on pan 2-3 minutes or until chocolate is softened. Remove to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Homemade Macaroon Kisses
Sort By :
I measured everything to the tee. Tested oven, used air bake cookie sheets,Mounds Coconut
(moister),some I placed dark chocolate, some milk,and some with maraschino cherries and swirled melted chocolate over top!! Looked FANTASTIC and tasted even better..I served at party and WOW..what a success!! Thank You greatly for sharing this recipe!!
Not many friends liked them . Very dry. Will not make them again
Another great keeper recipe, these will be on my Xmas cookie list every year. Raves all around and no tedious dipping into melted chocolate. Hershey's original recipe calls for 2 tsps of orange juice along with the extract. I tried them that way after making them with this recipe. The o.j. makes them even more moist, but these aren't dry as is, they are soft because of the cream cheese. I use a cookie scoop to make the perfect portion size. Almond kisses make them taste like an almond joy, so good..would be good with dark chocolate as well.
I prepared these a couple of years ago, and they were a wonderful treat. You could vary the toppings with another bite-size chocolate piece if you prefer.
We all agreed these are wonderful. Too bad 3-oz. packages of cream cheese seem to be unavailable now.