- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3/4 pound cod fillets, cut into 1-inch strips
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a shallow bowl, mix bread crumbs and seasonings. Place flour and egg in separate shallow bowls. Dip fish in flour to coat both sides; shake off excess. Dip in egg, then in crumb mixture, patting to help coating adhere.
- Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray; spritz with butter-flavored cooking spray. Bake 10-12 minutes or until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork, turning once. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Homemade Fish Sticks
Sort By :
"Good but seemed a little lacking in flavor...I even used smoked paprika like another reviewer suggested. The addition of low fat tartar sauce fixed that though. Also--I completely forgot about the butter spray and it turned out that they didn't need it anyways."
"Delicious! Didn't get as brown as in the photo. Next time, I may try pan frying instead of using the oven."
"These were GREAT! SO easy and tasty! I added some Parmesan cheese to the breading. Kids loved it! MUCH better introduction of fish sticks to the kiddos than the boxed stuff!"
"I added zest of 1 lemon too then bread crumbs (and I used panko) and I added lemon juice of said lemon to the egg mixture came out amazing and now my 5yr old won't eat frozen fish sticks any more lol"