- 1-1/8 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 3 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a small bowl, soften gelatin in cold water; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Gradually stir in milk until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot mixture into egg yolks. Return all to the pan; bring to a gentle boil, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin and vanilla.
- Cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally. Fold in whipped cream. Pour into pie shell. Sprinkle with nutmeg. Refrigerate until set, about 2 hours. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Homemade Eggnog Pie
Sort By :
"This is a favorite in our home. Bonus is that we can make this all year around even when eggnog is not in season to buy in grocery store."
"I make this every year for Thanksgiving. It's easy to make and is so creamy and smooth. It's like custard but in a pie. Delicious!! I add a layer of homemade whip cream but other than that I like it just the way it is!"
"My Mother made this pie every Christmas and we all loved it. I am for sure making it this year.Friends are coming soon, will make it then."
"I have made this pie numerous times and have always received rave revies. As a matter of fact, I have been asked for the recipe every time that I took this pie to an event or gathering. It has become a Thanksgiving and Christmas staple in our family. I love the light, yet flavorful, texture."
"I make this pie every Thanksgiving and Xmas. Everyone loves it. And it so easy to make."