Why look for potpie in the frozen food aisle when this easy, homemade version tastes much better? Under its golden-brown crust, you'll find the ultimate comfort food for kids and adults. —Amy Briggs, Gove, Kansas
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables (about 10 ounces), thawed
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- Preheat oven to 450°. In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir until tender. Stir in flour and poultry seasoning until blended; gradually whisk in broth and milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until thickened. Stir in chicken and vegetables.
- Transfer to a greased 9-in. deep-dish pie plate; place pastry sheet over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in pastry. Bake 15-20 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Easy Chicken Potpie in Country Woman October/November 2007, p19
Reviews for Homemade Chicken Potpie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review