When a recipe she wanted to try called for almond paste, Anne Keenan of Nevada City, California decided to make her own. "It saves the expense of the store-bought kind," she says, "and results in a lighter baked product."
- 1-1/2 cups blanched almonds
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 egg white
- 1-1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Place almonds in a food processor; cover and process until smooth. Add the confectioners' sugar, egg white, extract and salt; cover and process until smooth.
- Divide almond paste into 1/2-cup portions; place in airtight containers. Refrigerate for up to 1 month or freeze for up to 3 months. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Homemade Almond Paste in Taste of Home December/January 2007, p11
Reviews for Homemade Almond Paste
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review