- 1-1/2 cups blanched almonds
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 egg white
- 1-1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Place almonds in a food processor; cover and process until smooth. Add the confectioners' sugar, egg white, extract and salt; cover and process until smooth.
- Divide almond paste into 1/2-cup portions; place in airtight containers. Refrigerate for up to 1 month or freeze for up to 3 months. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
Reviews for Homemade Almond Paste
"I went to buy the almond paste at the store. They didn't have it. I loved this recipe. It was so easy. I didn't have a food processor so I used my blender. It worked out just fine. This almond paste was added to my peach cobbler. It was very wonderful."
"I priced almond paste at the grocery store and read the ingredients….more sugar than almonds and very expensive. This recipe worked wonderfully and quickly. I used whole almonds, not blanched since the whiteness of the paste was not important for my baking project. (topping for a Colomba di Pasqua sweet bread) Thanks so much for this recipe. It is a real money saver for me."
"I've never used Almond Paste , just heard the name of it. I Love almonds and eat them every day. Can this be used as a spread on toast. Or is Almond Paste basically used as an ingredient in other recipes, such as desserts ?"
"i do alot of recipes and one thing i dont have is a food processor what do you do when it calls for one for the recipes"
"Would Ms. Childs risk this Bear Claw thing? I think not. I'd love to sit down and have some tho.Velda"