- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) almond paste
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- In a large bowl, cream butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy. Gradually add flour and mix well. Shape into 48 balls. With floured fingers, press onto the bottom and up the sides of greased miniature muffin cups.
- For filling, in a large bowl, combine the almond paste, sugar, eggs, orange juice, cream and flour. Fill prepared cups three-fourths full. Sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake at 400° for 12-13 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 10 minutes before carefully removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Holiday Almond Tassies
"Love the flavor. The cream cheese pastry is very easy to work with. I sometimes top them with candied cherries and a drizzle of melted chocolate for the holidays"
"Almond lovers beware! These Tassies are absolutely delicious!"
"This is a new family favorite for the holidays. They are to die for!!!! They freeze REALLY well so can be made several days ahead. You won't be disapointed if you like almond!"
"I made these last year, and loved them! Delicious almond flavor. I will be making them every Christmas from now on."
"I made these tasty treats for Christmas. It was a big hit with family and friends from the Dutch community in California."