Hearty Split Pea Soup Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) dried split peas
- 8 cups water
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 cups cubed cooked corned beef or ham
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 5 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- In a Dutch oven, combine all ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until peas and vegetables are tender. Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts).
Reviews for Hearty Split Pea Soup(17)
Sort By :
WOW!! This is the best soup ever. I have made it more than once and will many more times.
I make this soup regularly--it's delicious! Perfect recipe!
Best pea soup I've had
I still can't believe that I threw everything into a pot, put it on the stove, and 75 minutes later I had the world's best soup! This was so outrageously good! I will never make ham and bean soup again! I used a ham hock for this recipe. I will definitely make again!!!
This is the best Split Pea Soup ever!!! It has all the right spices to make it the greatest!!! I have made it several times. It is the only Split Pea Soup recipe you will ever need.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Bean Soup Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Soup Recipes >
- Ham Recipes >