Hearty Chili Mac Recipe
- 2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (46 ounces) tomato juice
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato juice, tomatoes, celery, brown sugar, chili powder, salt, mustard and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Add the beans and macaroni; simmer 15-20 minutes longer or until macaroni is tender. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews for Hearty Chili Mac
Sort By :
Because I didn?t add the beans, I increased the noodles to one cup (112 g.), it still wasn?t thick enough for a Chili Mac, but it was perfect for a new twist on chili! I may make this for my chili cook off this year adding a couple cans of green chilies. Increase the noodles for a hearty chili mac. I will make this again and again.
I've made this recipe a few times and we really enjoy it. I also increase the amount of macaroni I put in it as it makes it heartier.
This was pretty good. I would make it again.
Ran across this recipe and it sounded so good...and it was! Simple to prepare and such great flavors! I did use 1 cup of macaroni instead of 1/2 cup...my hubby told me it was a "keeper"!