- elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl; turn once to
- grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about
- 1 hour.
- Punch dough down; let rest for 10 minutes. Divide in half. On a
- floured surface, roll each portion into a 15-in. x 10-in. rectangle.
- Brush with remaining butter. Combine filling ingredients; sprinkle
- over each rectangle to within 1/2 in. of edges.
- Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seams to
- seal. Place, seam side up, on two greased baking sheets. Fold each
- roll in half lengthwise with seams touching, with one side 1-1/2 in.
- longer than the other.
- With scissors, make a lengthwise cut down the middle to within 1 in.
- of open ends. Open and lay flat; arrange into a heart shape. Cover
- and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on
- wire racks.
- For icing, in a small bowl, cream butter, sugar and vanilla; add
- milk. Drizzle over hearts. Yield: 2 coffee cakes.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 528 calories, 22 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 90 mg cholesterol, 428 mg sodium, 75 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein.