Halibut Steaks with Papaya Mint Salsa Recipe
An amazing mix of fresh, zesty salsa and good, smoky flavor—plus 161 mg of magnesium—makes this dish the catch of the day! —Sonya Labbe, Los Angeles
- 1 medium papaya, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 halibut steaks (6 ounces each)
- In a small bowl, combine the papaya, onion, mint, chipotle pepper, 1 tablespoon oil and honey. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- In a large skillet, cook halibut in remaining oil for 4-6 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with salsa. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Halibut Steaks with Papaya Mint Salsa in Healthy Cooking August/September 2011, p39
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Halibut Steaks with Papaya Mint Salsa(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Fish Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >