- 7 medium red potatoes
- 6 slices ready-to-serve fully cooked bacon, chopped
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Cut potatoes into wedges. In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, bacon, onions, salt and pepper. Divide between two double thicknesses of greased heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Dot with butter.
- Fold foil around mixture and seal tightly. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 40-45 minutes or until potatoes are tender, turning once.
- Carefully open foil; sprinkle with cheese. Grill 3-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Grilled Potato Packets
Sort By :
"A favorite in our house. I cube the potatoes instead of wedges, cooks faster and easier for kids to eat."
"Really easy and good. I made on the grill and in the oven. Both ways are good."
"These potatoes were wonderful! I made a small batch for the two of us and parboiled the potatoes so we wouldn't have to grill them quite so long. This is definitely a "keeper" recipe and one that we'll be making often!"
"These were so good. I made a smaller batch and used regular onions instead of green ones. We will be making these often."
"I LOVE these. I did parcook the potatoes on the stove first in salted water. It speeds up the process. I also used more pepper and served with a dollop of sour cream. We will be making these again."