- 7 medium red potatoes
- 6 slices ready-to-serve fully cooked bacon, chopped
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Cut potatoes into wedges. In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, bacon, onions, salt and pepper. Divide between two double thicknesses of greased heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Dot with butter.
- Fold foil around mixture and seal tightly. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 40-45 minutes or until potatoes are tender, turning once.
- Carefully open foil; sprinkle with cheese. Grill 3-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Grilled Potato Packets(7)
Sort By :
I make something similar to this but I don't cook the potatoes in a pouch. I use small red potatoes cut in half and tossed in olive oil, garlic and Italian seasoning. I place them cut side down on a foil lined baking pan and bake in a 350 degree oven until they are done and the cut side is crispy. I then add the other ingredients and wrap it in the foil until the cheese is melted.
I cooked them in the oven instead of BQ. They were great. Add some dill weed to add extra great flavor.
I have been making a similar recipe to this for years, and it is a favorite of ours. I don't use the cheese or bacon, and I spray cooking spray on the foil to keep from sticking, and only put 1teas. butter to flavor. I divide up into individual packets to help it cook quicker (about 1 1/2 potatoes each) and just use chopped regular onions. Always a big hit with family, but the foil can be messy.
This was great! I didn't have enough gas left in the grill :) so I put the packet in the oven at 400 degrees for the same amount of time. I also omitted the cheese to save calories - the potatoes were delicious on their own!
Very good! Will probably make again.
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Father's Day Side Dishes >
- Grilled Potatoes >
- Grilling Recipes >
- July 4th Recipes >
- July 4th Side Dishes >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Labor Day Side Dish Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Memorial Day Recipes >