- 2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 jar (7-1/2 ounces) marinated quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/3 cup sliced pitted Greek olives
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large ovenproof skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir until tender. Stir in flour until blended; gradually add broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the chicken, artichoke hearts, cheese, tomatoes and olives.
- Drain pasta; stir into the pan. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Greek Chicken Pasta
Sort By :
"I found this to be a bit bland, but not bad. I didn't have artichokes. Maybe that was the issue. Thanks for the recipe!"
"Yum! Good warm or cold and even tastier the next day. Followed the recipe exactly other than substituted 1/4 c. of sun dried tomato pesto for the sun dried tomatoes, as I had it on hand. I think that substitution made it even tastier as the flavor was then distributed to every bite."
"Great warm or cold!"
"I made this when it was first published in 2010, and it has become a favorite. Instead of chicken, I have used shrimp several times with equal success. And, at times instead of the chicken broth, I have used white wine. Quick, easy and versatile."
"Loved it! We're not fans of artichoke, so I substituted small pieces of blanched thin asparagus!I also had a pound of boneless/skinless chicken breast in the fridge, so pre-cooked it in a Rosemary/Garlic seasoning.Hubby and I LOVED it - promptly inhaled :D"