- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- Vanilla ice cream or whipped cream
- In a large bowl, beat first five ingredients until smooth.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with cake mix and drizzle with butter. Top with walnuts.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve with ice cream or whipped cream. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Great Pumpkin Dessert
"I screwed up while I was making this recipe. I added the cake mix into the other ingredients. It was too late to do anything about it, so I put that mixture into the pan and then made an oatmeal crunch topping and sprinkled that on top before I baked. I also added some raisins. It turned out awesome. Everyone loved. Will make it this way again!! :~)))"
"It's YUMMY! I'm wondering if this needs to be refrigerated after baking."
"I used a little less sugar, around 1/2 cup - 3/4 of a cup since I was afraid a whole cup would make this too sweet. This turned out delicious and I received many complements and will be making it again for Thanksgiving."
"I followed the recipe exactly- came out delicious!! Served warm with vanilla ice cream. Everyone raved :)"
"Great Dump cake recipe. I did make a small change to the recipe, I added 1/2 cup of heath bar chips to the topping. Added a great taste and texture."
"I, too, have called this Pumpkin Dump cake. Love it. It's so easy. I use pecans, instead of walnuts. Been making this for eons!"
"I've been making this dessert for nearly 40 years. Only I've always called it Pumpkin Dump Cake. It's rich, delicious and very easy to make."
"Such a comfort food dessert. It represents the taste of Fall and is easy and uses simple staples that I usually have in the pantry."
"This recipe is awesome! Have made it many times. Took it to a fall get-together and everyone wanted the recipe. Thank you for sharing"
"I made this and then only had a small piece. My husband liked it, not sure what the neighbors thought. I'll make it again as it was pretty simple, and the small piece I had was good. Wish I'd had more so I could rate this with a more helpful review."