- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- Vanilla ice cream or whipped cream
- In a large bowl, beat first five ingredients until smooth.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with cake mix and drizzle with butter. Top with walnuts.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve with ice cream or whipped cream. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Great Pumpkin Dessert
"I make this but use pecans. I like this for Thanksgiving instead of pie"
"This turned out great. My husband, who isn't a huge dessert eater, ate 2 pieces while it was still warm! Only things I did different was to cut butter to 1/2 cup to reduce fat, made with splenda in pie filling and sugar free cake, and pecans instead of walnuts, because that is what I had."
"So many good reviews thought this would be a winner. Wrong. It was horrible. The pumpkin base was missing something. The cake mix never turned into cake. It was just dry powdered cake mix. (actually making the batter would've been better). Good thing we even sprinkled praline and peanuts on top so somewhat edible. Ice cream too."
"I make this every fall. But we have always called it Pumpkin Delight. It is delicious."
"I screwed up while I was making this recipe. I added the cake mix into the other ingredients. It was too late to do anything about it, so I put that mixture into the pan and then made an oatmeal crunch topping and sprinkled that on top before I baked. I also added some raisins. It turned out awesome. Everyone loved. Will make it this way again!! :~)))"
"It's YUMMY! I'm wondering if this needs to be refrigerated after baking."
"I used a little less sugar, around 1/2 cup - 3/4 of a cup since I was afraid a whole cup would make this too sweet. This turned out delicious and I received many complements and will be making it again for Thanksgiving."
"I followed the recipe exactly- came out delicious!! Served warm with vanilla ice cream. Everyone raved :)"
"Great Dump cake recipe. I did make a small change to the recipe, I added 1/2 cup of heath bar chips to the topping. Added a great taste and texture."
"I, too, have called this Pumpkin Dump cake. Love it. It's so easy. I use pecans, instead of walnuts. Been making this for eons!"