- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups chopped cabbage
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the next 11 ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 50-60 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in parsley; cook 5 minutes longer. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Great Northern Bean Stew
Sort By :
"loved this, but next time will add more beans!!"
"Husband loved this and has asked for it again"
"This was delicious!! Perfect for snuggling on the couch on a cold night!!"
"Excellent!!! The only thing I will do different next time is to double the recipe, because there wasn't enough!!!"
"My family loved this recipe. I did however have to add some water when cooking this down and next time I make it I will double the northern beans."