This comforting combination from the Taste of Home Cooking School Recipe Collection is sure to warm you up on a chilly day. (See page 66 for details about the Cooking School.) Tender chicken breasts, sweet potatoes and green beans are cooked in a simple broth seasoned with rosemary, garlic and thyme.
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves (8 ounces each), skin removed
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cut green beans
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- In a large nonstick skillet, brown chicken over medium-high heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Add sweet potatoes and beans.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; pour over chicken and vegetables. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook over low heat for 20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Golden Chicken and Autumn Vegetables in Quick Cooking December 2000, p33
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Golden Chicken and Autumn Vegetables
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review