Gnocchi with White Beans Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 package (16 ounces) potato gnocchi
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add gnocchi; cook and stir 5-6 minutes or until golden brown. Stir in beans, tomatoes, spinach and pepper; heat through.
- Sprinkle with cheeses; cover and remove from heat. Let stand 3-4 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Gnocchi with White Beans
Sort By :
"Made gnocchi from scratch."
"I made this dinner last night and it was delicious! This is my first experience with gnocchi. I had 8 oz white mushrooms that needed to be used so I added them and a second can of diced tomatoes. Both were great additions. I highly recommend this recipe!"
"Delicious!!!....this dish can handle more garlic...nothing better than beans, greens and lots of garlic...will try adding the white wine but great without it. Both times making this, I doubled the recipe, and it worked out fine...just needed a deep pot. Food should be delicious!!!"
"This was great. I added Italian sausage and some extra basil /oregano. I will definitely be making this again."
"I added venison sausage to this, fresh basil, and used fresh mozzarella. So, perhaps I can't review the recipe accurately, but what I ended up with was great! I will likely make this again."