Gluten-Free Grilled Flank Steak Recipe
- 3/4 cup gluten-free reduced-sodium tamari soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dried thyme
- 1 beef flank steak (2 pounds)
- 3 bunches green onions, chopped
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat butter
- 1-1/2 cups dry red wine or reduced-sodium beef broth
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine soy sauce and thyme. Add the beef; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill steak, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, saute onions in butter until tender. Add wine; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened.
- To serve, thinly slice steak across the grain; serve with sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Gluten-Free Grilled Flank Steak in Healthy Cooking October/November 2010, p63
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Gluten-Free Grilled Flank Steak
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 8, 2013
This steak was tender and tasty. I would definitely make it again.
More Recipe Collections
- BBQ Beef Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Gluten-Free Recipes >
- Grilled Beef Recipes >
- Grilled Steak Recipes >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >