- 2 pounds sweet potatoes or 2 cans (15-3/4 ounces each) sweet potatoes, drained
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- If using fresh sweet potatoes, place in a large saucepan or Dutch oven; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook 25-40 minutes or until tender. Drain; cool slightly and peel. Cut into chunks.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place sweet potatoes in a 2-qt. baking dish. In a small saucepan, combine butter, syrup, brown sugar and cinnamon; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Pour over potatoes.
- Bake, uncovered, 30-40 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Glazed Sweet Potatoes
"So delicious! My whole family loved this. I will definitely be making these again."
"Delicious. I cut recipe in half. Steamed the potatoes till tender instead of boiling. Melted the butter, sugar and syrup (used sugar-free) together to make a glaze. Added potatoes tossing gently to coat and thicken and till heated through. Great substituting carrots or butternut squash."
"Wow! I'm making this for Thanksgiving. Thanks, Rosemary, for sharing this recipe. I cut the recipe down to fit into two ramekins. I used frozen cubed sweet potatoes. Delicious."
"Excellent flavor. Will make this again."
"Doubled the glaze recipe, and then I never stirred it once I poured it on the potatoes. I basted it so the potatoes wouldn't break apart. Came out beautiful and everyone LOVED it!"