- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size), divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 2/3 cup warm water (120° to 130°)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 1 to 2 tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine 1-1/2 cups cake mix, flour, yeast and water until smooth. Stir in eggs until blended. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Gently spoon pie filling over top.
- In a small bowl, mix butter and remaining cake mix; sprinkle over filling.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. In a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar, corn syrup and enough water to achieve desired consistency. Drizzle over coffee cake. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Glazed Cherry Coffee Cake
"does the yeast have to be prepared first or just pour it in?"
"Delicious and very easy. I will definitely make this again. The only change I would make was to make one and one-half times the amount of glaze and I put it on the cake right as it came out of the oven. Next time, I will mix cold butter with the remaining cake mix and sprinkle it over the top. The melted butter mixed with the remaining cake mix turned into batter which I just evenly dropped by tablespoonfuls over the top of the coffee cake. That was good, but a true streusel topping would be good, too."
"Took to church potluck ; reminded one person of coffee cake his grandma made. Loved it!"
"My whole family liked this. I added some nutmeg and almond extract to the cake batter. Left the glaze off. It is sweet enough without it. Just dusted it with powdered sugar."