- 1-1/2 cups crushed gingersnap cookies (about 30 cookies)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar, divided
- 1-1/2 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups pecan halves
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a small bowl, mix crushed cookies and melted butter. Press onto bottom and up sides of an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Bake 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
- Increase oven setting to 375°. In a large bowl, cream butter and 1 cup brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in sweet potatoes, spices and salt until blended. Beat in egg yolks, milk and vanilla. Pour into crust.
- Arrange pecans over filling; sprinkle with remaining brown sugar. Bake 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cover edge loosely with foil during the last 20 minutes if needed to prevent overbrowning. Remove foil. Cool completely on a wire rack. Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
- In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add maple syrup; beat until stiff peaks form. Serve with pie. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Gingersnap Sweet Potato Praline Pie in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2015, p117
Reviews for Gingersnap Sweet Potato Praline Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review