- 1 butternut squash (about 2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons thawed orange juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Puncture squash several times with a knife or fork; place on a microwave-safe plate. Cook on high for 3 minutes. Cut into quarters; remove seeds and pulp.
- Return to plate, cut side down, and cover with waxed paper; microwave on high for 4-1/2 minutes.
- Turn over; microwave on high for 4-6 minutes or until soft. Scoop out squash and place in bowl; add remaining ingredients and mix well. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Ginger-Orange Squash(1)
Sort By :
Yum ! Definitely a keeper ! I cut the squash into smaller pieces, turned the oven to 355 F. Spread out the small chunks in a 9 x 13 pan, sprinkled them with xylitol, pumpkin pie spice & grated ginger root. Then I poured a bit less than 1/4 cup of orange juice over the adorned squash and baked, covered, for 35 minutes, uncovered and continued baking for 25 minutes.