Treat your or a friends dog to these holiday bones. These biscuits are soft and with a hint of spices.—Megan and Natalie Stanson, Frazeysburg, Ohio
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 3 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3/4 cup molasses
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a large bowl, whisk water, molasses and oil until blended. In a small bowl, whisk remaining ingredients until blended; stir into flour mixture (dough will be stiff).
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 3-in. squirrel-shaped or other cookie cutter. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. (Any leftover scraps of dough can also be baked to make free-form bite-size biscuits.)
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until set. Remove from pan to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen (3-in. biscuits).
Originally published as Ginger Dog Biscuits in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2011, p169
Reviews for Ginger Dog Biscuits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review