- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup coarse sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and molasses. Combine the flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Fold in pecans.
- Shape into 2-in. balls and roll in coarse sugar. Place 2-1/2-in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 13-15 minutes or until tops are cracked. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Giant Molasses Cookies
Sort By :
"Loved this recipe. Made them exactly to the recipe and they turned out great"
"I used 2 tsp cinnamon. I used an Amish molasses that was first run.It's kinda like a mixture of molasses and honey tasting. For a strongermolasses flavor use second run or what's called Black Strap which isthe strongest molasses I think you can get. May have to look at a farmstore or a Amish store. If you really want a strong molasses taste."
"These are sooo good!! My Mother gave me this recipe 40 years ago. I make mine a little smaller & bake 10 min, that way I can eat 2 without feeling guilty : ))"
"Love molasses cookies! Adding pecans sounds wonderful."
"This cookie is delicious! Stays soft and moist for days."