- 6 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup unblanched almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup flaxseed
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 300°. In a large bowl, combine oats, almonds, brown sugar and flax. In a microwave-safe dish, whisk oil, honey, maple syrup, pie spice and salt. Microwave on high for 30-45 seconds or until heated through, stirring once. Stir in vanilla. Pour over oat mixture; toss to coat.
- Spread evenly in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake 30-40 minutes or until golden brown, stirring every 10 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack. Stir in cranberries and raisins. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 7-1/2 cups.
Reviews for Get-Up-and-Go Granola
Sort By :
"Delicious! I make homemade granola for my granola/fruit/yogurt parfaits and this is my favorite! It's such a versatile recipe, one that can be tweaked to accommodate whatever I have on hand and still be delicious. I usually add 1/2 cup pecan halves, rough chopped and leave my almonds whole. I also use a fruit-only trail mix in lieu of the cranberries and raisins or add whatever dried fruit I have on hand. I always double the recipe and it keeps very well in the freezer in an airtight container."
"Excellent recipe. I did not have flaxseed or apple pie spice so used pumpkin pie spice. I made half a recipe for just the two of us. Will definitely make this again. I highly recommend this recipe as a Field Editor for Taste of Home."
"This is delicious! I've never made a granola before and it's so easy. I halved the recipe except for the craisins and raisins and used extra honey because I'm not a fan of maple syrup. Also, instead of apple pie spice I used pumpkin pie spice."