Get-Up-and-Go Granola Recipe
- 6 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup unblanched almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup flaxseed
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 300°. In a large bowl, combine oats, almonds, brown sugar and flax. In a microwave-safe dish, whisk oil, honey, maple syrup, pie spice and salt. Microwave on high for 30-45 seconds or until heated through, stirring once. Stir in vanilla. Pour over oat mixture; toss to coat.
- Spread evenly in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake 30-40 minutes or until golden brown, stirring every 10 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack. Stir in cranberries and raisins. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 7-1/2 cups.
Reviews for Get-Up-and-Go Granola
Sort By :
Excellent recipe. I did not have flaxseed or apple pie spice so used pumpkin pie spice. I made half a recipe for just the two of us. Will definitely make this again. I highly recommend this recipe as a Field Editor for Taste of Home.
This is delicious! I've never made a granola before and it's so easy. I halved the recipe except for the craisins and raisins and used extra honey because I'm not a fan of maple syrup. Also, instead of apple pie spice I used pumpkin pie spice.
My son is allergic to peanuts and we stay away from all nuts to be safe. Can you make a good granola without the addition of nuts? Could you just add more oatmeal in its place? This sounds like such a good on-the-go breakfast!
You could use Karo Syrup or just use more honey. Anything that is sticky, sweet, and delicious would do. Of course, pure maple syrup is the best in my opinion.
I don't have maple syrup. Can something else be used instead?