German Cucumber Salad Recipe
This recipe came from a friend who ran his own inn in Germany. It's a very cool, light salad with an exhilarating taste that's delicious anytime of the year - especially when made with fresh-from-the-garden cucumbers and tomatoes. -Julie Koren, Kennesaw, Georgia
- 2 medium cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 small tomatoes, sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh snipped parsley
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a bowl, combine cucumbers, onions, tomatoes, and parsley. Combine dressing ingredients; pour over cucumber mixture and toss gently. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as German Cucumber Salad in Taste of Home June/July 1995, p27
Reviews for German Cucumber Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 16, 2011
"I was looking for some marinated or pickled german salads like I remember while visiting Germany. Also, many German restaurants have amazing salads. But this one was disappointing. It lacked flavor. Very plain."