This recipe is a crispy complement to any Italian entree. I started with my grandmother's recipe and just added fresh tomatoes.—Jean Franzoni, Rutland, Vermont
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 medium tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 loaf (1 pound) unsliced French bread
- In a large bowl, combine oil, basil, garlic, salt and pepper. Add tomatoes and toss gently. Sprinkle with cheese. Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Bring to room temperature before serving. Cut bread into 24 slices; toast under broiler until lightly browned. Top with tomato mixture. Serve immediately. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Garlic Tomato Bruschetta in Taste of Home June/July 2002, p19
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Garlic Tomato Bruschetta
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review