- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 medium tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 loaf (1 pound) unsliced French bread
- In a large bowl, combine oil, basil, garlic, salt and pepper. Add tomatoes and toss gently. Sprinkle with cheese. Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Bring to room temperature before serving. Cut bread into 24 slices; toast under broiler until lightly browned. Top with tomato mixture. Serve immediately. Yield: 12 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Garlic Tomato Bruschetta
Sort By :
"This was okay but it had to much bite for me- so I added about a tablespoon of balsamic vinegar and a few tablespoons of feta cheese crumbles and let it rest. We loved it! Next time will lighten the olive oil amount and doubt I would miss it."
"Super yummy bruschetta. The only change I made to this recipe was the addition of fresh sliced green onions. I had a bumper crop of them and this was another way of using them."
"Absolutely yummy and so easy too! I brush the sliced baguette lightly with olive oil before toasting for a little more flavor and crispness. This is a favorite recipe that is always a hit whenever I make it for family and friends."
"Very good - I used cilantro instead of basil and added a little chopped onion and a splash of white wine vinegar."
"This bruschetta is fantastic!!!!!! I used fresh tomatoes and didn't seed them and it turned out quite liquidy but we ate it all regardless, everyone who tried it also loved it and I will absolutely make it again and again."