Meet the Cook: Anytime you're looking for a way to use up your zucchini and squash, this recipe gives a different taste sensation. My husband really enjoys it -and, except for the zucchini, our two daughters, ages 7 and 3, do as well! -Debbie Cosford, Bayfield, Ontario
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cups cubed peeled butternut squash
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups diced zucchini
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (8-3/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, saute the red pepper, onion and garlic in oil until tender. Stir in the chili powder, cumin, oregano, butternut squash and tomatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until squash is almost tender.
- Stir in remaining ingredients; cover and simmer 10 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 7 servings (1-3/4 quarts).
Originally published as Garden Harvest Chili in Country Woman January/February 1996, p33
Reviews for Garden Harvest Chili
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review