- 1 garlic clove, peeled and halved
- 14 slices French bread (3/4 inch thick)
- 4 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 14 fresh basil leaves
- Rub cut side of garlic over one side of each slice of bread. Place bread garlic side down on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 5 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, onion, oil, minced basil, salt and pepper; spoon about 2 tablespoons onto each piece of toast. Top each with a basil leaf. Yield: 14 servings.
Reviews for Garden-Fresh Bruschetta
"I made this recipe for the Fourth of July, and it was fantastic. When my roommate and I ran out of French Bread, we ate it with wavy potato chips instead! This makes it a great gluten-free snack or lunch for the future. I can't wait to use actual fresh basil from my garden when it's ready to be picked, and I'll probably try adding minced garlic as well. A very delicious recipe I will make many times over."
"Yummy! Add more flavor by mixing 1 TBSP balsamic vinegar and 1/2 tsp sugar with the olive oil before tossing with the tomato mixture."
"Simple, fresh and yummy...sure you could add other ingredients but if it ain't broke, don't fix it ;o)"
"I finely mince the garlic and mix it in with the tomatoes, onion and basil. Fresh and excellent!"
"I tryed it and I thouht it was awesome"