- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, beat eggs. Add milk, water and vanilla until well blended. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; beat into egg mixture until smooth. In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°.
- Cover the bottom of a funnel spout with your finger; ladle 1/2 cup of batter into the funnel. Holding the funnel several inches above the oil, release your finger and move the funnel in a spiral motion until all the batter is released (scraping with a rubber spatula if needed).
- Fry for 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Dust with confectioners' sugar and serve warm. Yield: 8 cakes.
Reviews for Funnel Cakes
Sort By :
Awesome ! My family loves them every time
So good and so easy to make. This recipe is definitely a keep.
Fluffy light and delicious. ...
Love it. Easy to make and delicious to eat :)
I use a squeeze bottle (from William Sonoma for pancakes) and it works perfectly. You could use any old squeeze bottle (cleaned out ketchup bottle for example). It makes quite a few. You can keep extra batter in the fridge for the next day because the funnel cakes need to be eaten fresh. These are a nice special treat, my new "sleepover breakfast" recipe for my kids and their friends.