- 1 package (15-1/2 ounces) Oreo cookies, crushed
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 gallon peppermint ice cream, slightly softened
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 jar (11-3/4 ounces) hot fudge ice cream topping, warmed
- Crushed peppermint candy
- In a large bowl, combine cookie crumbs and butter. Press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Spread ice cream over crust; top with whipped topping. Cover and freeze until solid. May be frozen for up to 2 months.
- Just before serving, drizzle with hot fudge topping and sprinkle with peppermint candy. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews for Frozen Peppermint Delight
"This was fantastic!"
"A terrific holiday dessert everyone young to old will love. I've been making this for years, and it's always a hit! Love the flavors of peppermint and chocolate together."
"It was good, but the cool whip needed a little texture in it for me. Next time I will use plan chocolate cookie wafers instead of the oreo type cookie. I would probably add some finely crushed peppermint candies to the cool whip. We all liked it and I will make it again."
"This is my most requested recipe. We love it."
"This was very simple to make. One thing--make sure the entire container of ice cream or Cool Whip is thoroughly thawed, or else there will be lumps when you try to spread it, and the layer below will be torn up. I used mint chocolate chip ice cream for a grasshopper-style dessert. Also I used chocolate graham crackers per the earlier comment. They worked well but were rather crumbly. I think the cream filling would help the crust hold together better."