- 4 cups (32 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1-2/3 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 4 drops yellow food coloring, optional
- In a bowl, combine the yogurt, sugar, lemon juice and peel; mix well. Stir in food coloring if desired. Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to manufacturer's directions.
- Refrigerate remaining mixture until ready to freeze. Allow to ripen in ice cream freezer or firm up in the refrigerator freezer for at least 2-4 hours before serving. Yield: 5 cups.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Frozen Lemon Yogurt
Sort By :
Best lemon frozen yogurt ever!!
Very good and tasty. I use stevia and not sugar because I am diabetic.
OMGOSH...I just made this 100% according to the recipe and it is PURE HEAVEN! If you love frozen yogurt...and you love lemon.. you BETTER MAKE THIS! It's more like 10 star!!