Fresh Vegetable Omelet Recipe
- 4 egg whites
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/3 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- In a small bowl, beat the egg whites, water and cream of tartar until stiff peaks form. In a large bowl, beat eggs and salt until thick and lemon-colored, about 5 minutes. Fold in the whites.
- In a 10-in. ovenproof skillet coated with cooking spray, melt butter. Pour egg mixture into skillet. Cook for 5 minutes over medium heat or until puffed and lightly browned on the bottom. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until a knife inserted 2 in. from edge comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the tomato, zucchini, onion, green pepper and Italian seasoning until tender. Carefully run a knife around edge of ovenproof skillet to loosen omelet. With a knife, score center of omelet. Place vegetables on one side and sprinkle with cheese; fold other side over filling. Slide onto a serving plate; cut in half. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Fresh Vegetable Omelet in Light & Tasty February/March 2007, p47
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Fresh Vegetable Omelet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 7, 2011
My wife and children loved this recipe, I would recommend this to eveyone.
Reviewed May. 23, 2010
Very good! I added some chopped green pepper to the other vegetables.