- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups chopped seeded peeled tomatoes
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 cups fresh sweet corn
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- In a large saucepan, saute the celery, onion and green pepper in butter until tender. Stir in tomatoes and broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Press through a sieve or food mill; return to the pan. Add the sugar, salt and white pepper. Bring to a boil. Stir in corn and basil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes or until corn is tender. Garnish with parsley and green onion. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Fresh Corn and Tomato Soup
Sort By :
"With an abundance of tomatoes from our garden, homegrown corn available, and my husband being a soup lover, I thought I'd try something new. YES!! It was a hit!"
"This soup was excellent. The only thing I did different was not to put it thru a food mill."
"Very GOOD. used rgular pepper for home use."