- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 jar (8 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in pizza sauce and mushrooms; set aside.
- Cut bread in half lengthwise, then into eight pieces. Spread meat sauce on bread; place on a greased baking sheet. Sprinkle with mozzarella. Bake, uncovered, 10 minutes or until cheese melted and bubbly. Yield: 6-8 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka "The Coach" Cabernet Sauvignon CA 2011, a full-bodied, big bold cab with all of the dark fruit notes and structure that a great cab needs. Buy now and get 6 bottles, plus free shipping. Order Now
Reviews for French Bread Pizza
Sort By :
Have been making this recipe for years everyone in my family loves it and our kids friends love it as well. Always a great goto meal if time is crunched.
This was delicious. I made it more like traditional pizza though and used pepperoni instead of the ground beef.