Freezer Salsa Recipe
- 8 cups diced seeded peeled tomatoes (about 10 large)
- 2 medium green peppers, chopped
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 3/4 cup tomato paste
- 2/3 cup condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 4-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- In a Dutch oven or large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 45 minutes, stirring often.
- Pour into small freezer containers. Cool to room temperature, about 1 hour. Cover and freeze for up to 3 months. Stir before serving. Yield: 10 cups.
Reviews for Freezer Salsa
Sort By :
I have made it several times and it is wonderful. Would this recipe work if you canned in jars with a hot water bath? I would like to be able to keep longer than the "up to 3 months" in the freezer.
Was wondering if anyone has ever made this with a can or 2 of green chilies instead of jalapenos? Live in country & don't know if small store has jalapenos.
Very easy recipe to make and delicious! I did not seed the tomatoes and it was still great. I will make it again.
Have made this many times. Decreased the sugar to 1 teaspoon. This recipe freezes very well. I poured the salsa into quart freezer bags and laid flat in the freezer. Saves on freezer space.
This was an easy salsa to make. It was delicious. My step-son and husband gave it a two thumbs up!