- 1 package (17-1/2 ounces) sugar cookie mix
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 5 drops green food coloring
- 24 Andes mint candies
- Black and white jimmies
- Decorating icing
- Mix cookie mix and flour. Stir in melted butter, egg, extracts and food coloring until blended.
- Loosely shape into a 6-in. long roll; wrap in plastic. Refrigerate 1 hour. Unwrap roll; shape into a square-shaped log using waxed paper. Freeze until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Unwrap log; cut crosswise into 1/4-in. slices. Place 1 in. apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Place one mint candy onto top of each square. Sprinkle with jimmies. Bake until edges are light brown, 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Decorate faces as desired with icing. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Freaky Frankenstein Cookies in Halloween Bookazine 2015 2015, p108
Reviews for Freaky Frankenstein Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review