- Drippings from 1 roasted turkey
- 1/2 to 1 cup turkey or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- Pour drippings into a 2-cup measuring cup. Skim and discard fat. Add enough broth to the drippings to measure 2 cups; transfer to a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- In a small bowl, whisk flour and milk until smooth; gradually stir into drippings mixture. Stir in the bouillon granules, poultry seasoning and white pepper. Return to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Yield: 2-1/3 cups.
Reviews for Foolproof Gravy
"This recipe is how I learned to make perfect gravy. I was never consistent. Now it's perfect everytime. I have this recipe memorized"
"Delicous and easy!"
"Very easy and tasty; and I didn't add any bouillon or broth. I had an herb rub on my turkey, and sliced celery and onion underneath it."
"Great and easy"
"Just as advertised, foolproof. For those of you that said it lacked flavor you wanted, that is easy to fix. Your gravy will leap up the flavor scale by what you place under the turkey skin and over the outside of the bird. We use a herbed mayo under the skin and all around the outside. You can also rub the outside w/ bacon drippings as well. Crisp skin and great tasting gravy reguardless of your prep choices."
"I've been searching for a gravy recipe that was easy to make during the last minute rush of preparing a holiday dinner. I also tend to make minor errors in recipes so the foolproof name attracted me. I've made this twice now and it tastes great. I've been lucky enough to have plenty of turkey juices so I haven't had to supplement with chicken stock."
"I have a hard time making gravy so this wasan easy one to make."