- Drippings from 1 roasted turkey
- 1/2 to 1 cup turkey or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- Pour drippings into a 2-cup measuring cup. Skim and discard fat. Add enough broth to the drippings to measure 2 cups; transfer to a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- In a small bowl, whisk flour and milk until smooth; gradually stir into drippings mixture. Stir in the bouillon granules, poultry seasoning and white pepper. Return to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Yield: 2-1/3 cups.
Reviews for Foolproof Gravy
Sort By :
"I made this at Christmas dinner, it was bland and very light color. My own homemade gravy is better and will make that next time."
"I made this for Thanksgiving and it ended up being way too thick. Next time, just don't add in all the flour mixture! Here's my full review: http://heatskitchen.blogspot.com/2013/12/turkey-gravy.html"
"Delicous and easy!"
"Very easy and tasty; and I didn't add any bouillon or broth. I had an herb rub on my turkey, and sliced celery and onion underneath it."
"Great and easy"