Foolproof Gravy Recipe
- Drippings from 1 roasted turkey
- 1/2 to 1 cup turkey or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- Pour drippings into a 2-cup measuring cup. Skim and discard fat. Add enough broth to the drippings to measure 2 cups; transfer to a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- In a small bowl, whisk flour and milk until smooth; gradually stir into drippings mixture. Stir in the bouillon granules, poultry seasoning and white pepper. Return to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Yield: 2-1/3 cups.
Reviews for Foolproof Gravy(13)
Sort By :
I made this at Christmas dinner, it was bland and very light color. My own homemade gravy is better and will make that next time.
I made this for Thanksgiving and it ended up being way too thick. Next time, just don't add in all the flour mixture! Here's my full review: http://heatskitchen.blogspot.com/2013/12/turkey-gravy.html
Delicous and easy!
Very easy and tasty; and I didn't add any bouillon or broth. I had an herb rub on my turkey, and sliced celery and onion underneath it.
Great and easy