- 4 cups fresh strawberries, crushed
- 2 cups chopped fresh rhubarb
- 1/4 cup bottled lemon juice
- 1 package (1-3/4 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
- 5-1/2 cups sugar
- In a Dutch oven, combine strawberries, rhubarb and lemon juice; stir in pectin. Bring to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly. Stir in sugar; return to a full rolling boil. Boil and stir 1 minute.
- Remove from heat; skim off foam. Ladle hot mixture into six hot sterilized pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles and adjust headspace, if necessary, by adding hot mixture. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars; screw on bands until fingertip tight.
- Place jars into canner with simmering water, ensuring that they are completely covered with water. Bring to a boil; process for 5 minutes. Remove jars and cool. Yield: about 6 pints.
Reviews for Flavorful Strawberry-Rhubarb Jam
"Strawberry rhubarb flavor combination is one of my favorites and this recipe doesn't disappoint. The tartness of the rhubarb cuts down on the sweetness of the strawberries for the perfect bite. This is great heated up and spooned over ice cream or pound cake too."
"This is really good. I actually don't like strawberry jam, but I liked this because the rhubarb cut the sweetness. My husband (who loves strawberry rhubarb pie) really enjoyed this."
"This recipe is yummy. Quick and easy"
"I have a batch of this jam in the canner now. It was an easy recipe to make. I did cook the rhubarb on it's own so that it was very soft. I have grand kids that love my strawberry jam, but don't know that rhubarb is in the jam. They are very picky eaters I got 6 half pints and 2 4 oz jars. This recipe is a keeper."
"This was the best jam I've ever made. I used fresh strawberries and rhubarb. The recipe was quick and easy. The jam set up very quickly. I will be making this again."