- 4 cups fresh strawberries, crushed
- 2 cups chopped fresh rhubarb
- 1/4 cup bottled lemon juice
- 1 package (1-3/4 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
- 5-1/2 cups sugar
- In a Dutch oven, combine strawberries, rhubarb and lemon juice; stir in pectin. Bring to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly. Stir in sugar; return to a full rolling boil. Boil and stir 1 minute.
- Remove from heat; skim off foam. Ladle hot mixture into six hot sterilized pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles and adjust headspace, if necessary, by adding hot mixture. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars; screw on bands until fingertip tight.
- Place jars into canner with simmering water, ensuring that they are completely covered with water. Bring to a boil; process for 5 minutes. Remove jars and cool. Yield: about 6 pints.
Reviews for Flavorful Strawberry-Rhubarb Jam
Sort By :
"This is really good. I actually don't like strawberry jam, but I liked this because the rhubarb cut the sweetness. My husband (who loves strawberry rhubarb pie) really enjoyed this."
"This recipe is yummy. Quick and easy"
"I have a batch of this jam in the canner now. It was an easy recipe to make. I did cook the rhubarb on it's own so that it was very soft. I have grand kids that love my strawberry jam, but don't know that rhubarb is in the jam. They are very picky eaters I got 6 half pints and 2 4 oz jars. This recipe is a keeper."
"This was the best jam I've ever made. I used fresh strawberries and rhubarb. The recipe was quick and easy. The jam set up very quickly. I will be making this again."
"I give this a 5 star rating. I used frozen strawberries with fresh rhubarb but drained off some of the juice from strawberries. It set up great. I did add 1 tablespoon of butter to keep from foaming. I will be making it again and giving recipe to friends."