- 4 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 3 cups shredded cooked turkey or rotisserie chicken
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/2 cup medium salsa
- 5 corn tortillas (6 inches), cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Additional salsa, optional
- In a Dutch oven, combine the first five ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, spread tortilla strips in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake at 400° 4-6 minutes or until golden brown and crisp.
- Stir cilantro into soup. Top servings with tortilla strips. If desired, serve with additional salsa. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Fiesta Turkey Tortilla Soup
Sort By :
"Very easy fast and easy. Tastes great."
"Made some small additions, such as a tsp of cumin and thickened with masa flour otherwise all the same fast and simple ingredients. As a bonus our T-Day turkey had been smoked so it was bonus in the flavor department. Definite keeper in the recipe box."
"This was really quick and easy. I used shredded chicken breasts and it was delicious."
"This soup was very good. We opted to use crushed tortilla chips or tortilla strips salad toppings vs. making our own. Very good on cold night!"
"I made up this soup for lunch today. It was quick to put together, and had a very good flavor. I added one small jalepeno pepper finely diced to add a little extra punch. I also just used some tortilla chips that I put into the bottom of the bowl before ladleing in the hot soup. My husband even commented that he really enjoyed this soup. I think it is a keeper for sure."