Favorite Creamy Chicken Enchiladas Recipe
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free sour cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 6 fat-free flour tortillas (8-1/2 inches)
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- In a skillet or saucepan coated with cooking spray, saute onion until tender. Remove from the heat. Add soup, tomatoes, sour cream, 3/4 cup cheddar cheese and 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese; mix well. Place 3 tablespoons on each tortilla; top with 1/3 cup chicken. Roll up tightly.
- Place seam side down in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with remaining soup mixture; sprinkle with remaining cheeses. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Favorite Creamy Chicken Enchiladas
Sort By :
Tried this tonight with some left over roast chicken (probably a little more than the 2 cups called for). Added the Rotel tomatoes with chilis that says "hot" on the label. Didn't have any mozzarella cheese so grated some pepperjack cheese and used some sharp cheddar that I had on-hand. Also added a can of drained sliced olives. WOW! was this good. My husband, who wouldn't eat an enchillada if his life depended on it said to keep this recipe and make it often! We really enjoyed it and will definitely make it often. Served it with a can of re-fried fat free beans that I dressed up with salsa and topped with cheddar cheese. A great meal.
One of the first recipes I made when I received the 2001 Quick Cooking Cookbook and still making these 13 years later. Very yummy.
I have made this recipe many times and I LOVE IT. Definitely a keeper. Anytime someone mentions that they like Mexican food I immediately suggest this. Souperb (pun intended).
Made this tonight and it was so very delicious. Printing this recipe as a keeper.
One the of best mexican dishes we have had.
Thank You Melissa R.
This is a wonderful recipe...one I keep going back to for no fail quick and easy enchiladas. My kids love it too and they can be a bit picky!
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Chicken >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Enchiladas >