- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 ounces white baking chocolate
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, sour cream, oil, water and sugar. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a microwave, melt the white chocolate; stir until smooth. Drizzle over cake. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Favorite Bundt Cake
"Super quick and easy to prepare and absolutely delicious. One of the best "doctored cake mix" cakes I've ever had."
"I wanted a chocolate bundt cake. I substituted an organic chocolate cake mix and organic chocolate pudding mix instead of the vanilla mixes called for. I also added chopped nuts. The cake was moist and delicious. I took it to a function and everyone thought it was delicious."
"I enjoyed this cake. This is a good, moist cake. I like using mini chocolate chips, as I find that the regular sized sometimes sink to the bottom. It is easy to make."
"When you use a cake mix that's not a real recipe.You are using a store mix."
"This is one of the most richest, moist cakes we've ever had! I was looking for a sour cream lemon cake when I stumbled upon this recipe. I simply substituted lemon cake mix and pudding. Replaced the chocolate chips with a small teaspoon of poppy seeds.. This bundt cake is so delicious and sweet that it did not a frosting, just a beautiful dusting of powder sugar. This would make a wonderful brunch cake or alternative to a dessert table."