- 2-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 package (12-1/2 ounces) nacho tortilla chips, crushed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 cups torn iceberg lettuce
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 10 slices tomato, halved
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 10 whole pitted ripe olives, halved
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in water, tomato sauce and taco seasoning. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 325°. Place tortilla chips in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan; sprinkle with Monterey Jack cheese. Spread meat mixture over top; sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Bake 25-30 minutes or until bubbly.
- Top with lettuce and onion. Cut into ten 5x3-in. pieces. On each piece, arrange two tomato slices for eyes; top each with a dollop of sour cream and an olive half. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Eyeball Taco Salad
Sort By :
"Loved by the whole family!"
"My kids loved it and it doesn't have to be a holiday dish."
"I have been making this recipe for 4 years now every Halloween it is delicious!! We have a party and everyone who comes wants to come back if I am making eyeball taco salad!"
"This recipe has become a Halloween tradtion for my family. My kids look forward to it every year."