"This egg dish is very satisfying and nutritious, too," writes Linda LaPresle of Glendora, California. "Whether I serve it for Saturday breakfast or for Sunday supper, it's always a hit."
- 1-1/4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 small sweet red pepper, sliced
- 1/2 small green pepper, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Dash pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 egg whites, beaten
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- In a 10-in. ovenproof skillet, saute the mushrooms, onion, red pepper, green pepper, salt, oregano and pepper in oil until vegetables are tender. Beat egg whites until foamy; pour into skillet. Cook for 3 minutes over medium-low heat or until puffed and lightly browned on bottom. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until egg whites are set. Loosen edges and bottom of frittata with a rubber spatula. Invert onto a serving plate; cut into four wedges. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Egg White Frittata in Cooking for 2 Winter 2005, p56
Reviews for Egg White Frittata
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review