- 12 ounces uncooked ziti or small tube pasta
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 jar (24 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 2-1/2 cups (10 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, ricotta cheese, 1-1/2 cups mozzarella cheese and the Parmesan cheese. Drain pasta; add to cheese mixture and stir until blended.
- Spoon a third of the meat sauce into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; top with half of the pasta mixture. Repeat layers. Top with remaining meat sauce.
- Cover and bake 40 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand 15 minutes before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Easy Ziti Bake
Sort By :
"Great recipe! Quick! Very Easy! Great for a Pot Luck dinner too! Loved it! However... I could tell from the recipe it would be very bland so I used a ground beef w/higher fat content plus I used ground pork as well, half ground beef-half ground pork! I also cut this in half for 2 people! I also put in fresh garlic and chopped onion when browning the meats. I used Italian seasonings as well that came in a can of Spicy Italian tomatoes! I did not use the "canned" Parmesan cheese! I bought it in a chunk and shredded it my self....that's the only step that took the longest! Plus I put a little red wine in with the sauce mixture! I had most of the extra ingredients all ready on hand! I will definitely make this again! My family and friends loved it!!!"
"I followed this recipe to a "T" the only thing I did differently was season the meat and used ground turkey instead of ground meat. This dish came out very bland and it needed more sauce. I normally cook meatless baked ziti from the TOH Healthy Cooking recipes. I will go back to the meatless recipe it had more flavor."
"Good easy recipe."
"It was goodv"
"Everybody in my house liked this. Great comfort food!"