I enjoy making this dish for family and friends. It's easy to prepare, and I like to get creative with the sauce. For example, sometimes I might add my home-canned tomatoes, mushrooms or vegetables. -Elaine Anderson Aliquippa, Pennsylvania
- 12 ounces uncooked ziti or small tube pasta
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 jar (24 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 2-1/2 cups (10 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, ricotta cheese, 1-1/2 cups mozzarella cheese and the Parmesan cheese. Drain pasta; add to cheese mixture and stir until blended.
- Spoon a third of the meat sauce into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; top with half of the pasta mixture. Repeat layers. Top with remaining meat sauce.
- Cover and bake 40 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand 15 minutes before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Baked Ziti in Taste of Home October/November 2004, p34
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Easy Ziti Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review