Easy Ziti Bake Recipe
- 12 ounces uncooked ziti or small tube pasta
- 2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1 jar (24 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 2-1/2 cups (10 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, ricotta cheese, 1-1/2 cups mozzarella cheese and the Parmesan cheese. Drain pasta; add to cheese mixture and stir until blended.
- Spoon a third of the meat sauce into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; top with half of the pasta mixture. Repeat layers. Top with remaining meat sauce.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 15 minutes before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Easy Ziti Bake(39)
Sort By :
I am so glad I picked this recipe to try out! I followed the recipe exactly (except that my ingredients ended up being what the package size was 16 oz pasta, 32 oz sauce, 1.34 lb hamburger). I am glad I had the extra few ounces of sauce. Next time I will add 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes because that's what we like. Definitely a keeper.
This is so good and easy. I'm going to start making it for my service organization....they will love it!!! This is one of my husband and I's favorites!
Loved this! Was quick and easy and my 3 kids loved it too. The only thing I did differently was add in 2 layers of zuchinni for a veggie :)
I can't thank Elaine Anderson enough for sharing this recipe. It has become our Christmas day favorite, but still leaves me plenty of time to spend with my family. The only change I made was to use one pound of ground beef instead of two.
Very good. I used cottage cheese in stead of ricotta.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Pasta >
- Baked Ziti >
- Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Beef Casseroles >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Birthday Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Ground Beef Pasta Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Hamburger Casserole >