- 12 ounces uncooked ziti or small tube pasta
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 jar (24 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 carton (15 ounces) Galbani® Ricotta Cheese
- 2-1/2 cups (10 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, ricotta cheese, 1-1/2 cups mozzarella cheese and the Parmesan cheese. Drain pasta; add to cheese mixture and stir until blended.
- Spoon a third of the meat sauce into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; top with half of the pasta mixture. Repeat layers. Top with remaining meat sauce.
- Cover and bake 40 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand 15 minutes before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Easy Ziti Bake
Sort By :
"Everybody in my house liked this. Great comfort food!"
"Excellent. My family loves it. Very versitle. I used 1.5 pounds of extra lean ground beef cooked with onion and green pepper (put in several slices of pepperoni too). I used the ToH recipe for homemade spagetti sauce that makes 4 cup and used all of it. I used fat free cottage cheese instead of ricotta because I like cottage cheese better. Next time I would put olives in too for my own personal taste.Very good."
"Very easy and tasty, but I agree with the previous comment of adding more sauce and cheese."
"Really easy and very tasty. Although I would say the next time I make this I will make these changes; I will make 16 ounces of ziti again, but I plan on using a jar and a half of sauce, and 3 cups of mozzarella cheese, and 22 ounces of ricotta cheese instead of 15. I also plan on adding Tastefully Simple Garlic Bread Seasoning to the mixture. With these slight changes, i am positive the recipe will be PERFECT. This is a fantastic recipe. and I definitely will be making it again . This will now be a part of our regular dinner rotation and also brought to church potlucks."
"Omg I made this for my family. Just OMG 6 $TARZ"