- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- Chopped fresh tomatoes, optional
- In a medium saucepan, saute garlic in butter for 1 minute. Stir in flour until blended; gradually add chicken broth. Stir in tomato paste and cayenne until well blended.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; gradually stir in cream. (Do not boil.) Garnish with chopped tomatoes if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Easy Tomato Bisque(5)
Sort By :
My absolute FAV soup recipe!!!! I originally followed every steps anmd it was so good I've made it over and over and now add extras like minced onion in with the garlic and butter step. I also added fresh pepper, thyme, basil, parsley and whatever other herbs I feel like at the time. SOOO SOOOO good. Thanks for sharing!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
This recipe was fantastic! My mom had never had tomato bisque and she had more than one bowl. In fact, everyone had more than one helping. I used fat free half and half, and added a little sugar to cut any acid in the tomato paste. Would love to try this with fresh basil added.
I enjoyed this with my grilled cheese sandwich, but I it could really use more seasoning to give it some dimension. I only used the 1/8 tsp cayenne, and that was okay for my wimpy taste buds. :)
It was so good! I will definitely make this again. I served this with bruschetta seasoned with olive oil, parmesan, and garlic.
It is not bad, I added some parsley, thyme, basil, celery, salt and pepper and I think it improved the taste.