A bowl brimming with this fresh creamy soup is sure to impress Mom. With its outstanding flavor, she'll think you fussed for hours!
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- Chopped fresh tomatoes, optional
- In a medium saucepan, saute garlic in butter for 1 minute. Stir in flour until blended; gradually add chicken broth. Stir in tomato paste and cayenne until well blended.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; gradually stir in cream. (Do not boil.) Garnish with chopped tomatoes if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Tomato Bisque in Taste of Home Meals in Minutes Calendar Annual 2003, p5
Reviews for Easy Tomato Bisque
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review